cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Get One column from another list

i have 2 sharepoint lists products , orders In orders list ProductID is a lookup of products. LIST SCHEMA Products(ID,Name,Description,Location) Orders(ID,ProductID,Status,Allocatedto) Now i want to appened Allocatedto column in ProductsList . what could be the Formule.? Addcolumn(X, Note : Depending up on the status one product can be allocatedto many persons.it may contain 1000 records )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Get One column from another list

Hi @santukondapally ,

Have your tried my solution?

Since  you have more than 2000 items in the orders list but not on products List, so I think my original formula does not have any problem.

For orders list, lookup function is delegate. For products List, you do not have more than 2000 records, so AddColumns function will not affect your app's performancr.

You just need to change the delegation limit to 2000.

Try the formula that I've provided:

ClearCollect (colNewProduct, AddColumns (Product,"Allocatedto2", LookUp(Order,ProductID.Value = ID, Allocatedto))

What's more, since ID is not delegate for "<,>" ,so the solution that @eka24  provided will not work neither.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Use AddColumns;

Onvisible of the screen create a collection;

ClearCollect (colNewProduct, AddColumns (Product,"Allocatedto2", LookUp(Order,ProductID = Product.ID, Allocatedto))

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

@eka24  i tried your solution and i get invalid argument type . Also it gives me Delegation waning ... Please find the below screen shot for your ref

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

ClearCollect (colNewProduct, AddColumns (Product,"Allocatedto2", LookUp(Order,ProductID = Value (Product.ID), Allocatedto))

If you still have issues show the product table with column names

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

@eka24  same error. i tried even converting both columns name as num but same issue. Attached is the screen shot of both Products ,order list lookup field 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

In your screen shot am seeing ProductID.Id. That was not part of the ClearCollect.

------------

Highlighted

@eka24  Yes ProductID is in Orders List Which is a  lookup of Products Table. If i remove that".Id" it throws me an error.

Highlighted

@eka24  can you please help in this regard.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @santukondapally ,

Do you want to add a Allocatedto column in Products list based on ProductID?

Since ProductID is lookup field, you should use this formula:

ClearCollect (colNewProduct, AddColumns (Product,"Allocatedto2", LookUp(Order,ProductID.Value = ID, Allocatedto))

What's more, could you tell me whether there's more then 2000 records in  Products list and Orders list?

If no, you do not need to worry about delegation warning.

It appears because that addcolumn function is not delegate.

However, it only affect your app's performance when your data source is larger than 2000 records.

You just need to change delegation limit to 2000.

delegation.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

@v-yutliu-msft  thanks for your reply. yes i have more than 2000 items in the orders list but not on products List.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,662)