cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radoslavov
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Get SharePoint choice value

Hi all, I'm struggling with some formula in Power Apps and I was hoping you can give me help with it. 

I have a script that load a list of records you've created in SPO.

The edit page gives you the options to change some attributes.

What I'm trying is for the dropdown options in PA by default to show you the option that is set in SPO list.

I'm already using distinct function (Distinct('Team requests', TeamType)) to show only the unique Team types, but i want the user to see as default option the one in SPO and only if he needs to change it here

Radoslavov_0-1651137827740.png Radoslavov_1-1651137993892.png

Radoslavov_2-1651138026828.png

Any suggestion how should i further the distinct function. I'm guessing it will be something like Distinct(Filter.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Regards,

Kiril

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Radoslavov
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I fixed it actually by collecting the team details into a global variable upon item select. and then adding for DefaultSelectedItems the following { Value :  VarRecord.TeaType}.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Silvester
Super User
Super User

Set the item function to 

Choices([@Team requests].TeamType)

Give a thumbs up if you find it interesting and accepts as a solution if it works for you

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the thread and so other members of the community can find it easily.
Radoslavov
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Silvester not working, has an error message 

Radoslavov_0-1651146201321.png

the function Choices has some invalid arguments .

Silvester
Super User
Super User

alright. What is the name of your Sp List?

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the thread and so other members of the community can find it easily.
Radoslavov
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I fixed it actually by collecting the team details into a global variable upon item select. and then adding for DefaultSelectedItems the following { Value :  VarRecord.TeaType}.

Silvester
Super User
Super User

Awesome!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,664)