cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarathBabu1050
Frequent Visitor

Get Sharepoint list items to Canvas app

Hey guys! I have a challenge. I really don't have an idea of how to do it. The challenge is that there will be a Sharepoint list that will contain a list of records. These records will be a set of questions. Now how do I get these questions from the Sharepoint list and load a Form in Canvas app with these questions that I've fetched from Sharepoint. (The questions are records in the Sharepoint list and not column names)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User
5 REPLIES 5
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @SarathBabu1050 a connection to SharePoint and the list will give you access to the list. adding a gallery control will allow you to see all the questions in your question column, assuming you have a column with all the questions in it.

Assuming you have a column with 10 questions in it, this is what it will look like

rubin_boer_0-1635190977763.png

hope it helps,

R

Hey @rubin_boer , thank you for the idea. But the problem is I wanted to these questions in a form as I need text input for these questions. That is why I mentioned to load it in a Form in the question asked.
According to your suggestion, is it possible to load the gallery with textinputs and questions and later access these text input's value on a button click? If so how ?

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SarathBabu1050,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to list fetched records in a Form?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Actually, the Gallery could display all the records from the SP list, however the Form could only display a single record at a time. If you want to edit the questions, you could select any one you want to edit from the Gallery and then the form will load the specific record.

As @rubin_boer mentioned, you could add a Gallery directly and set the Items property as your SP list name. Set the Text property of the Label as each column name using:

ThisItem.QuestionName

Best Regards,
Qi

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft ,

I get the fact that the records from Sharepoint list can be loaded into the Gallery as Items. The problem is that I need to capture the response to these questions from the sharepoint list.

The sharepoint list contains a set of questions, and these questions must be loaded into the canvas app. Now each of these questions require an answer to be provided from the canvas app. I dont know how I can do this functionality with the Gallery; Loading the questions into the Gallery Items label with ThisItem.QuestionName is not the problem, but capturing the answers to these individual questions is the problem.
So is there a way that I can load the Sharepoint list items into a Form so that an answer to each of the questions loaded, could be made in the form of a textInput or use the Gallery to achieve solution to the fore-mentioned problem.

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,076)