cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nduati
Frequent Visitor

Get Student's Grades from a Different Sharepoint List - ForAll Function

I have a Sharepoint list(Grade List) that holds the different marks and grades to be used to rank student's results as shown below Grades.PNG

I have another list (Results List) that holds the results details of the students. I am using a Gallery of repeated tables to capture these results as shown below:

Results.PNG

I need a way to automatically grade a student once i type a mark on the Mid(%) and/or End(%) columns. E.g if i type 80 on Mid(%) column, the Grade column should automatically populate as D1. 

After spending hours trying to figure out how to pick the grades from the Grade List, i decided trying to load the Grade list as a gallery(GradesGallery) on the same Screen and making it's visible property = false. I then used a ForAll function to loop through the gallery items and assign marks if a match is found. This is what i have as a Default value for my Grade TextInput, assuming we are only grading the Mid(%) whose textbox name is MidResults: 

ForAll(
    GradesGallery.AllItems,
    If(
        Value(MidResults.Text) <= ThisRecord.UpperRangeMarks && Value(MidResults.Text) >= ThisRecord.LowerRangeMarks,
        ThisRecord.Grade, " "
    )
)

However, I get "Expected Text Value" error. At this point I am not even sure if my approach is viable or not. If it is viable, how do I get rid of that error. If it's not viable, what's the best way to get the grades?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nduati
Frequent Visitor

I was able to come up with solution using LookUp function. I guess I was too tired, I forgot a simple LookUp would do 😊

LookUp(
    'Grade List',
    Value(MidResults.Text) <= UpperRangeMarks && Value(MidResults.Text) >= LowerRangeMarks,
    Grade
)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nduati
Frequent Visitor

I was able to come up with solution using LookUp function. I guess I was too tired, I forgot a simple LookUp would do 😊

LookUp(
    'Grade List',
    Value(MidResults.Text) <= UpperRangeMarks && Value(MidResults.Text) >= LowerRangeMarks,
    Grade
)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (943)