cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Get Teams team name from team ID?

I found this recent article about passing parameters from Teams context to a Power App in a Teams tab. I have gotten the channelId and teamID to display on my app but I need the name of the team. It does not appear that team name is something I can pass to the app. Is there any way to get the name based on the ID? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

MicrosoftTeams.GetTeam(GUID(Param("groupId"))).displayName

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

MicrosoftTeams.GetTeam(GUID(Param("groupId"))).displayName

View solution in original post

Hi,

It looks like you were able to answer your own question here. I just wanted to add in here some additional information if you would like to learn more. Please take a look.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Getting-channel-ID-for-channels-in-Teams/td-...

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

It seems that on my side your solution give me an error.

"MicrosoftTeams.GetTeam has an invalid value for the TeamId value", and when I display 

Param("groupId")

I've got the channel ID with structure : 19:65fcXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX5@thread.skype which is different from the groupId I got inside the "Get Team URL".

How can I manage to get the right ID ? I've tried every Param() value without success ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (29,979)