cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tafsir9143

Get a record from a different sharepoint list and set it as the value of another different sharepoint list record through powerapps form submission

Hi,

I am trying to get the value of a particular column of a sharepoint list and set this value in another column of another different list on powerapps form submission. How can I do that? I have tried like this:

If(
    IsMatch( DataCardValue6.Text, "implevista.com", Contains ),
    Set(approver1, [@ApproverMapper].Approver1)
);
SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

Here, ApproverMapper is the list from where I want to get that value. But when I insert approver1 in the form's field, I get the following error:

'expected record value'.
Please see the attached screenshot also. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Tafsir9143 ,

Would you try to bind ApproverMapper.approver1  in gallery on same screen to check the contents basically ApproverMapper.approver1 should be a collection of user profile data and it contains user details. 

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Tafsir9143 

Could you please check both the fields are of same type ? Like the field in which you are adding approver1 value is of same type from where you are fetching this value. 

Please let me know the column type for both columns to help more on this topic. 

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Hi @PG_WorXz10, yes they are both same type column (Person or Group column)

PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

That means approver1 is a person or group field of ApproverMapper List ?

Yes

PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Tafsir9143 ,

Would you try to bind ApproverMapper.approver1  in gallery on same screen to check the contents basically ApproverMapper.approver1 should be a collection of user profile data and it contains user details. 

View solution in original post

PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Tafsir9143 ,

Let me know if your issue is resolved.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,231)