cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Get attachment from outlook email and save to SharePoint List

Hi,

I am looking to create a PowerApp submission form for a SharePoint List. In this form the user will input data, but may also be required to attach files from a recent email in their outlook inbox to the Sharepoint List. Is it possible within the PowerApp to allow the user to search their inbox for the specific email and upload the attached files with the submission form to the SharePoint List? I am having issues with the Office365.GetAttachment operation. 

Would an alternative be to have the powerapp forward the selected email with attachments to a specific email address and create a flow to have the attachments saved to the SharePoint List? 

Thank you in advance,

J

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi J,

From my side, the collected format for attachments using the connector looks something like this;

appres://blobmanager/c450e974ba3b41eab8b02ca4af32403e/3

I've always had trouble getting PowerApps blob data into SharePoint from this format as it's just a link that's available to the PowerApps session.  The actual binary is elusive (not possible as far as I know).

Your initial assessment on an alternative I believe is the best option for a 'seamless upload' experience by the user. 

My thoughts anyway, I'm sure thousands would love to hear about how to get PA blobs into SPO doc libraries or list attachments 🙂

Kind regards,

RT

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (48,329)