cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Get contents of any document library from any Team in MSTeams

Hi,

I'd like to be able to display the file contents in any Team. I'd like to be able to select the Team from a dropdown and have its contents displayed in a gallery. Is it doable? Solution must not use any premium connectors, and solution should be low code/ no code as much as possible. Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@braydenlarson . Thank you for your reply and my apologies for the inaccurate wording. I only want to display list of files in a document library and NOT the contents of the file. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hello Karimabdelrazek,

Currently there is no direct way to view the content of a File inside of a PowerApp application. The closest we have the PDF view Control which is designed explicitly for PDFs

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-pdf-viewer

There have been posts in the Ideas forum asking about this and while I have found one from last year marked as Planned it has not been implemented at this time.

If this is data for something like an Excel Spreadsheet, you can use a Gallery to grab a table of items as long as you make sure the spreadsheet has a table to pull from. The nice thing about this is you can technically have it show only identifiers and clicking on the gallery will then take you to a more details page where there is a display form that can show the full details of what is in each field(This works for any database source as well such as SQL or SharePoint).

However, if this is a Word document right now there is currently no method to pull the content of the word document into PowerApps(There is a get File content action for SharePoint to grab the file, but this does return information that would be readable to select).

You can always upvote/post your suggestion to the Idea's forum

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Here is a link to a similar ask:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Word-Office-documents-viewer-control-in-PowerAp...

Have a good day,

@braydenlarson . Thank you for your reply and my apologies for the inaccurate wording. I only want to display list of files in a document library and NOT the contents of the file. 

View solution in original post

Hello karimabdelrazek,

apologies, it clicked accept solution on accident.

if that is the case then all you need to do is select the document library as a datasource

braydenlarson_0-1603895426120.png

You will just need to make sure you add the SharePoint Library into the app under your choices of datasource on the lefthand side when making the app

braydenlarson_1-1603895477554.png

by doing this with a gallery you will see a list of items for the library in the Gallery

braydenlarson_2-1603895505374.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,929)