cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Get current selected text input

Hi,

is there a possibilty to get the name of the current text input field?
I could use the onSelect event for each field to set a variable which i then can refer to.

But this only work if I select the field via mouse. If I switch through the fields with TAB, the onSelect event doesn't fire.

Any idea?

Regards

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@stefansc ,

To save you some trouble, it is not possible - you would need a trigger like OnFocus, which unfortunately does not exist.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@stefansc I am really not sure on the requirement - but to capture a input value, you can try "OnChange" instead of "OnSelect"

Hi,

but the OnChange event only fires when the field value changes, not when I select the field 

@stefansc ,

To save you some trouble, it is not possible - you would need a trigger like OnFocus, which unfortunately does not exist.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (18,852)