cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjbcruz
Advocate I
Advocate I

Get data from PowerBI dataset

Hi! Is it possible for an app to connect to a PowerBI dataset and get the data and display it in a gallery. Or populate a dropdown with data coming from a PowerBI data set?

I was able to add PowerBI as a datasource but the only function I can see is refresh a dataset or add rows to a dataset.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @mjbcruz ,

You can Use the PowerBi Connector to Connect with PowerBI DataSet.

For reference. - 

VijayTailor_0-1601573948632.png

Thanks,

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

I just did that but I don’t seem to have any other functions available on the powerbi connector.

Hi @mjbcruz ,

Hope for the issue you have a look into the below-mentioned video URL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9gBXUdd55M.

Thanks,
Hope that will help to connect the data set with Power BI.

This is if you embed powerapps in powerbi dashboard. I was able to do this. 

But can you do the same from a canvas app (not a power apps visual). 

Hoping anyone has an answer to this. How can I access Power BI dataset from a canvas PowerApps (not an embedded app in Power BI dashboard) and display it as a gallery.

ganeshsanap
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@mjbcruz Did you find the solution for this?

I also want to get the data from Power BI dataset inside canvas application. I have found the Power BI connector and this action Run a query against a dataset.

I used below on button click to collect the data from table: 

ClearCollect(
    colPBIData,
    PowerBI.ExecuteDatasetQuery(
        "1c6b8646-abcd-4f8e-93a9-e009de5e5fea",
        "832aeebf-wxyz-4e72-8bbc-6bda64b3d235",
        "EVALUATE Values(Geo)"
    ).firstTableRows
)

When I add CountRows(colPBIData) in Text property of label, it shows the correct number of rows in dataset table. But, I am unable to show this data in gallery.

1. When I try to check the collection data from "Collections" section, it does not show me any column headers or data.
  2. When I add colPBIData in Items property of gallery control and add a label inside it, I can only find the ThisItem.IsSelected property from gallery data. No other column/property available to show here.

@RandyHayes @WarrenBelz @mdevaney @Drrickryp @timl @Pstork1 @Jeff_Thorpe @eka24 @iAm_ManCat @RezaDorrani Can you please suggest any solution for this? Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,221)