cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OliverV
Helper I
Helper I

Get image from Sharepoint list or library, and show the picture base on a dropdown selection

Hi All,

My application is an asset usage application. I have created a sharepoint list containing the assets, and in the power app a dropdown having the "Items"= Itemlist.Title. (dropdown in the image)

What i would like to achieve is to have above the dropdown 1 picture element, which based on what i select in the dropdown, shows that item image. (golden square in the image)

I don't know which is the good approach for this:

1) store the images as attachment in the "itemslist"

2) store the images in a sharepoint Library, naming each picture as the Items in the Itemlist.

Can i achieve this with simply powerapp or should i use also Power automate?

Thank you in advance for the help!!!!

@WarrenBelz?? 🙂

24 REPLIES 24

Brilliant, worked a treat and got me out of a tight spot. 

Thank you so much

ganeshsanap
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Power Apps can now display images from SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists. This feature has started rolling out to Power Apps preview environments now. Check release timeline at:  Power Apps can now display images from SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 

Please click Accept as solution & ‌‌👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

Best Regards,

Ganesh Sanap

Blog site 

mthaker
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks. Accept it as Solution !

Hi everyone,

I know this is an old post but I don't understand were I'm wrong or maybe something is changed...

It seems pretty easy but I don't get it.

Lybrary name MappaturaWCOM

I made a column "hyperlink => image" called Immagine.

I made a text column called nomeImmagine.

I used the command Lookup(MappaturaWCOM; nomeImmagine="EAC";immagine) but it doesn't work.

RikiVitalets_1-1658927409831.png

RikiVitalets_2-1658927486379.png

HI @RikiVitalets ,

That is already a Library - you do not need an Image field

LookUp(
   MappaturaWCOM; 
   nomeImmagine="EAC"
).'Link to item'

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,042)