cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
OliverV
Level: Powered On

Get image from Sharepoint list or library, and show the picture base on a dropdown selection

Hi All,

My application is an asset usage application. I have created a sharepoint list containing the assets, and in the power app a dropdown having the "Items"= Itemlist.Title. (dropdown in the image)

What i would like to achieve is to have above the dropdown 1 picture element, which based on what i select in the dropdown, shows that item image. (golden square in the image)

I don't know which is the good approach for this:

1) store the images as attachment in the "itemslist"

2) store the images in a sharepoint Library, naming each picture as the Items in the Itemlist.

Can i achieve this with simply powerapp or should i use also Power automate?

Thank you in advance for the help!!!!

@WarrenBelz?? 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Re: Get image from Sharepoint list or library, and show the picture base on a dropdown selection

Hi @OliverV ,

This one is quite straight forward. (use your names for the Blue bits).

Create a SharePoint Library ImgLibrary and file the pictures in.

Include in the fields of the Library two items

• A field called Thumbnail formatted as Hyperlink or Picture > Picture
  • A text field containing the reference you will be selecting - I will call it Title as per your mail

In the app DropDown ddTitle, I will assume ddTitle.Value is the resulting reference.

So all you need is an Image Control with the Image property

LookUp(
    ImgLibrary,
    Title = ddTitle.Value,
    'Thumbnail ({Thumbnail})'.Large
)

The picture should change each time you select another item.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Re: Get image from Sharepoint list or library, and show the picture base on a dropdown selection

Hi @OliverV ,

This one is quite straight forward. (use your names for the Blue bits).

Create a SharePoint Library ImgLibrary and file the pictures in.

Include in the fields of the Library two items

• A field called Thumbnail formatted as Hyperlink or Picture > Picture
  • A text field containing the reference you will be selecting - I will call it Title as per your mail

In the app DropDown ddTitle, I will assume ddTitle.Value is the resulting reference.

So all you need is an Image Control with the Image property

LookUp(
    ImgLibrary,
    Title = ddTitle.Value,
    'Thumbnail ({Thumbnail})'.Large
)

The picture should change each time you select another item.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

OliverV
Level: Powered On

@WarrenBelzyou're awesome, if by chance u come around Budapest, u're my guest for a coffe/beer 😄

With library is 100% working.

only a last small question. This same solution is it possible with Sharepointlist attachments?

WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @OliverV ,

Technically maybe, but a lot more effort and not something I have bothered with.

You live in a beautiful city - attached is a photo I took in July 2019. I live in Queensland Australia.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,762)