cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OliverV
Helper I
Helper I

Get image from Sharepoint list or library, and show the picture base on a dropdown selection

Hi All,

My application is an asset usage application. I have created a sharepoint list containing the assets, and in the power app a dropdown having the "Items"= Itemlist.Title. (dropdown in the image)

What i would like to achieve is to have above the dropdown 1 picture element, which based on what i select in the dropdown, shows that item image. (golden square in the image)

I don't know which is the good approach for this:

1) store the images as attachment in the "itemslist"

2) store the images in a sharepoint Library, naming each picture as the Items in the Itemlist.

Can i achieve this with simply powerapp or should i use also Power automate?

Thank you in advance for the help!!!!

@WarrenBelz?? 🙂

17 REPLIES 17

@Anonymous ,

This is an old closed post, but to answer your question, Name is the name of the file you put in the Library. The reference you need is probably

LookUp(
   Documents,
   Part = DataCardValue27.Selected.Value
).'{Thumbnail}'.Large

This is all in the blog I referenced.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked when I changed .Value to .Result.

You're the PowerApps hero Warren! Many thanks.

@Anonymous ,

I took the .Value off your post - you obviously have a Distinct filter on the drop-down.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I do

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue with an audio recordings library. Should I replace Thumbnails into an audio recording reference? if yes, what is it?

@Anonymous ,

Sorry, I have never used audio files with Power Apps, although I suspect you cannot resolve an image of them (not all file types will do this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we deal with the audio as they're items in a library. I believe you understand powerapps logic more than I do, the following screenshots may help, I used power automate to save the audios in sharepoint.

@Anonymous ,

I have nothing to test this with (and I have never used Audio files), but if you put the audio file in the gallery and pointed the Media property at the item in the gallery, it should work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,815)