cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bfausti
Helper II
Helper II

Get notified when a flow is completed in a canvas app

Is there a way to be notified in a canvas app when a flow has completed?

I have a flow that gets triggered on insert of a record into a table Dataverse (Note: Not triggered within the canvas app). This flow takes 2-3 minutes to complete, so I want to advise the user in the canvas app when it's completed so they can then do their next action within canvas.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, I will look into this option. The other alternative is the flow runs on average the same amount of time so I could just show a message after that period. Not ideal but could work for what I need as this flow creates the same datasets each time.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Khaledta
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

You could put this as a last step in your flow 🙂

Khaledta_0-1626247279885.png

There is also Powerapps Notification, which you can use to send notification to just mobile powerapps app(Not working on browser)

Thanks for your response.

This is not suited in my context as the user logged into the app needs to know when the flow has finished. So, a notification or label getting updated within the canvas app would be ideal for this situation.

Khaledta
Helper I
Helper I

Use "Powerapps Notification" and push parameter

Khaledta_0-1626247744571.png

Then update the app context based on parameter. 

Hope that help you.

bfausti
Helper II
Helper II

Hi thanks again, but the canvas app does not run on a mobile it runs on a desktop website.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @bfausti ,

The easiest way would be to send the user's email to a field in the target table and email the user at the end of the Flow. I know it is not in the app, but you cannot "talk" to an app by external means. As an alternative you might think of setting up a timer and running it every minute looking for something unique that the Flow changes, then alerting the user when this happens.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Khaledta
Helper I
Helper I

You may use flowsessions table to update and read flow status.

Thanks, I will look into this option. The other alternative is the flow runs on average the same amount of time so I could just show a message after that period. Not ideal but could work for what I need as this flow creates the same datasets each time.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,581)