cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Get rid of junk data in Textbox

Hi Power Apps community,

I am using Flow to return data in Power Apps. I have a Textbox were the returned data will be displayed in Power Apps. However, the data is returned with a lot of junk data. This is my current Text in the Textbox:

[{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":1,"Value":"Cost Of Goods Sold"},{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":2,"Value":"Bank Statement"},{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":3,"Value":"Cash Flow"}]

I only need to display Cost Of Goods Sold, Bank Statement, Cash Flow.

My logic was to set the: [{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":1,"Value":" as a string in order to use the Replace function to clean the junk. But I cannot even start the put the above data as a string due to the multiple double quotes. 

Can someone at least help me this data ( [{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":1,"Value":") as a string?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Get rid of junk data in Textbox

Hello,

You can leverage Parse JSON action to fetch only the value part from the response and pass the output to PowerApps.

Please refer to the article below:

https://d365demystified.com/2020/04/12/using-parse-json-to-read-individual-list-records-in-flowpower...

Thanks and Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Rohit Sharma

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: Get rid of junk data in Textbox

Hi @rohsh354 thanks for the reply and your help,

I have used the steps in the article that you have shared with me, and the junk data have cleared perfectly. But I am using two text boxes, and one of the text boxes return data from a column which is a CheckBox in SharePoint. I have use the Parse JSON according to the steps in the article but when I tried to select the value of the Parse JSON from Dynamic, it won't add the value in the Return to Power Apps column. Further, I also get this error:

The output you selected is inside a collection and needs to be looped over to be accessed. This action cannot be inside a foreach.

I think due the fact that the SharePoint column is a checkbox and it can contains more than one answer, is causing this problem. Because the other text box have worked perfectly and has returned the data clean.

Do you know any further information that can help me solve this error? 

Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,556)