cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dorinda
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Get streams video url from reoccuring teams meeting

I have a power app that integrates all of the features of a Teams Meeting, using the Meeting Notes template, what I am wanting to do is get the recording of the meeting to update the URL for each stream video on that day.

I know I can hard code this in and it works fine, but I am hoping to use PowerApps and Power Automate to get this information.

Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
RusselThomas
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Dorinda ,

I'm not sure as I've not done this before, or used the template - but I believe videos are now saved to OneDrive  and shared from there by default, instead of auto-uploaded and published from Stream.  Is this not so in your case?

If so, this might make your life more or less complicated depending on what you're trying to achieve.

In theory, you can create a flow to monitor the OneDrive "Recordings" folder of the person who is recording the session to pick up new files, check the name of the recording to match against the meeting name, then get the link from there.  Once you have it, you can send it to attendees, or update your OneNote.

[Edit]

Alternatively, you can build a check into your app to poll the Recordings folder of the person running the app - if they're the person recording the session then it should work - you can look for the recording of 'today' and then when it arrives, include the link in your notes...document library filters are notoriously difficult with delegation though, so you might even have to trigger a flow from your app to go and look for stuff and return links.

Actually, in hindsight, you can't use the OneDrive connector by default to view documents, only connect Excel sources.  I'd have to play with it to see if there's a workaround, but for now, use PowerApps to regularly trigger a flow that checks it for you is probably the best approach. 

[Final Edit]

Ok, so you can connect to a OneDrive library using the SharePoint connector, however it's a static location (will always be the same library regardless of who's running the app).  This isn't ideal as it's likely to throw out errors for anyone running the app that doesn't have access to the configured connection - ultimately the triggered flow might still be a better approach...

Kind regards,

RT

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,866)