Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manarjomar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Get the Max value with filter or condition

Hi there,

I'm trying to build a "serial numer", but need a conditional, until today I did it using "CountRows(Filter(", but I have the problem with non delegable formulas.

So I think maybe is possible do it with Max funtion, but I don't know how I can do it.

My alternative code that I'm trying is:

Max(Filter('[dbo].[tbPO]';IdProject = proyecto).Line)+1

If not possible, How I can do it to avoid the issues with non delegable functions?

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@Manarjomar 

I missed the FIRST function.  Include this:

Sort(First(Filter('[dbo].[tbPO]';IdProject = proyecto),Line, Descending)).Line+1

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Thank you @mdevaney your formula doen't work, but I understood your idea and I found that only was an order error. Finally works with this one:

If(FormPO.Mode = FormMode.New ; First(Sort(Filter('[dbo].[tbPO]';IdProject = proyecto);Line; Descending)).Line+1;DataTablePO.Selected.Line)

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Manarjomar 
MAX cannot be delegated: so just use a Sort function instead.  It does the same thing.

Sort(Filter('[dbo].[tbPO]';IdProject = proyecto),Line, Descending).Line+1

Note: I assume 'Line' is a number type.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

eka24
Super User
Super User

Try:

Max('[dbo].[tbPO]';IdProject)+1

Max(Datasource,Column)+1

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi@mdevaney ,

Yes, you are right, "Line" is a number, but the function doesn't work:

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

My last function was:

Screenshot_3.png

Regards.

@Manarjomar 

I missed the FIRST function.  Include this:

Sort(First(Filter('[dbo].[tbPO]';IdProject = proyecto),Line, Descending)).Line+1

---

Thank you @mdevaney your formula doen't work, but I understood your idea and I found that only was an order error. Finally works with this one:

If(FormPO.Mode = FormMode.New ; First(Sort(Filter('[dbo].[tbPO]';IdProject = proyecto);Line; Descending)).Line+1;DataTablePO.Selected.Line)

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,830)