cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

GetOffice365Users strange issue

In my app I am using the GetOffice365Users to obtain manager information.    I am getting both the display name and the email.

GetOffice365Users.png

The ID parameter is the same for both statements, but it's giving me this error on one.    What is even odder is that it is retrieving the information successfully for both.

Any ideas?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerAddict
Super User II
Super User II

@JR-BejeweledOne so the issue is that since ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail can be blank, it throws an error which is more like a warning, that the function has an invalid value for parameter 'id'. All you need to do is this: 

Set(varManagerDN, If(!IsBlank(ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail), Office365Users.ManagerV2(ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail).displayName));

Set(varManagerEmail, If(!IsBlank(ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail), Office365Users.ManagerV2(ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail).mail));

Set(varManagerTitle, If(!IsBlank(ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail), Office365Users.ManagerV2(ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail).jobTitle));

Let me know if this works. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PowerAddict
Super User II
Super User II

@JR-BejeweledOne so the issue is that since ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail can be blank, it throws an error which is more like a warning, that the function has an invalid value for parameter 'id'. All you need to do is this: 

Set(varManagerDN, If(!IsBlank(ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail), Office365Users.ManagerV2(ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail).displayName));

Set(varManagerEmail, If(!IsBlank(ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail), Office365Users.ManagerV2(ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail).mail));

Set(varManagerTitle, If(!IsBlank(ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail), Office365Users.ManagerV2(ComboboxEmployeeInfo.Selected.Mail).jobTitle));

Let me know if this works. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,464)