cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chevva

Getting 403 errors in my PowerApps trial

I have imported a Solution, previously exported from a D365 enviornment into Power Apps 30 day trial. The solution comprises a number of unmanaged webresource components e.g. CSS, Jscript and HTML.

I’ve created a Portal form that attempts to pull in these components but all, except the HTML resource, are showing 403 errors, indicating authorisation problems.

Maybe there are limitations with the trial licence i.e. "Web resources are only available by using the Dataverse web application security context. Only licensed Dataverse users who have the necessary privileges can access them.”  I’m going to attempt to sign up for a community plan to experiment further...

As things stand, I can’t find any way to grant permissions for these components; does anyone have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chevva

A colleague sussed it: 

Cause

Within a Power Platform app Entity Permissions are required in order to provide read access to web resources.

Resolution

The instructions below are correct as of 4th February 2021.

Visit https://make.powerapps.com/

1. Click Apps. Locate the portal app and click Share...
  2. Click Web Roles...
  3. Click Entity Permissions...
  4. Click New...
  5. Create a new web resource entity permission as shown below and click save...
  6. Once the entity permission has saved click Web Roles > Anonymous Users ...
  7. Click Related Entity Permissions...
  8. Click Add Existing Entity Permission and add the Web Resource Access entity permission created in step 6 above. Once added you should see the Web Resource Access entity permission listed under the Anonymous Users web role as shown below...
  9. Finally save the web role.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Iamglt
Helper V
Helper V

Have a look at these docs and see if they help:

Web Resources (model-driven apps) - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

The other alternative is in your trial license, if you go into Admin Centre you may have the option to contact MS support for this.

Chevva

A colleague sussed it: 

Cause

Within a Power Platform app Entity Permissions are required in order to provide read access to web resources.

Resolution

The instructions below are correct as of 4th February 2021.

Visit https://make.powerapps.com/

1. Click Apps. Locate the portal app and click Share...
  2. Click Web Roles...
  3. Click Entity Permissions...
  4. Click New...
  5. Create a new web resource entity permission as shown below and click save...
  6. Once the entity permission has saved click Web Roles > Anonymous Users ...
  7. Click Related Entity Permissions...
  8. Click Add Existing Entity Permission and add the Web Resource Access entity permission created in step 6 above. Once added you should see the Web Resource Access entity permission listed under the Anonymous Users web role as shown below...
  9. Finally save the web role.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,079)