cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alastair
Advocate I
Advocate I

Getting Dataverse teams current canvas app user is a member of

I have created a task list where either an individual user or a team can be the owner of the task.  I would like to create a filter in a gallery to show just tasks for the current user.  I have been able to achieve this when the task is assigned to them as a user but I am struggling to do so when the task is assigned to a team they are a member of.  

Specifically I am struggling to be able to list all the teams the user is a member of.  The relationship between the teams and user dataverse tables is a many-to-many relationship, where I've tried to follow these steps to list the teams a user is a part of.  However I am getting strange behaviour where the Canvas app does not seem to acknowledge there is a relationship between the two tables at all. 

In summary, my question is how do I find the teams the current user is a member of within the context of a Canvas app?       

2 REPLIES 2
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

You can find the Groups the user owns/belongs to using the Office365Groups.ListOwnedGroupsV3() connector, which includes Teams of which they are a member. You can use the Group ID in conjunction with the Planner connector to list all tasks for a given plan if that's how you are recording tasks.

Are those the kind of teams you are after?

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi Bryan.  I think there's some confusion on what I mean by Teams.  I am trying to refer directly to the Dataverse table called Teams which has a Many-to-Many relationship with to the Users Dataverse table.  This is separate to the O365 groups around the rest of O365.  

I am frustrated daily with Microsoft's poor generic naming of everything  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,013)