I have created a daily dashboard app using PowerApps that reads data from an Excel spreadsheet and presents it in the mobile app.
The mobile app has multiple screens and the Excel has multiple tabs and tables. While many of the tables are read and displayed correctly, I am getting error for couple of tables when the app tries to fetch the data.
Below is the screenshot of the error:
I don't receive this error for any of the the tables except two where I have date fields in the table.
I tried formatting all the fields in the table as 'Text' but it did not help resolve the issue.
Has anyone faced this kind of error and what resolution / diagnostic steps that were carried out?
Do all tables display in PowerApps Studio correctly on your side?
The error message told that there is something wrong with your Excel file. I have made a test on my side and don’t have the issue that you mentioned, the Date filed display in PowerApps Mobile app correctly.
Please check if there is something wrong with your Excel file, you could consider take a try to re-create the Excel file and re-create connection to new Excel data source within your PowerApps Studio.
In addition, please check if the connection to Excel data source is invalid, please update the connection to Excel data source or remove the connection and re-create a connection to Excel data source, then check if the issue is solved.
Thanks Kris for the response.
The Excel source has multiple tables being referred / connected to the PowerApps app.
All are working fine and displaying the data correctly except for the two tables.
A bit baffled that I am not getting any errors for the same Excel file for the rest of the tables. My strong guess is that the file is not corrupted.
I tried renaming the table, copying the content into a new tab, removing the connection to the table and then reconnecting it but nothing worked.
What I have noticed is that the table does not have the '__PowerAppsId__' populated for the rows.
How do I check if the connection to Excel data source is invalid? I do not get any errors when I refresh the Data source.
I came across this thread because I was getting the same error. I copied my spreadsheet contents into a new spreadsheet as text then added a table and reformated the dates as dates. It got over the issue.
Posted as much for anyone else who comes across this error. Hope it helps you.
I do get a sense that the entire workings are a wee bit edgey; that includes me and the software and the logins/authentication. Hopefully these things get better as each of the above elements improves!
One year later, same thing, which results in a total roadblock for my project as I planned on using this Excel sheet as a database for my Powerapp.
I cannot copy it and paste the data to a new one, as it rebuilds on its own every 2 hours through other application.
Check it out!
Check it out!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Find out where you can attend!
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand