cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Null client secret. Generic OAuth 2.0

I have created a power app that uses the generic OAuth 2.0 Authentcation type.  I have filled out the form correctly, however when I go to test the connection I get the following error:

{"errorCode":120448,"errorMessage":"(120448) Client secret can not be null."}

I go back and make sure the client secret is there and is correct.  But looking at the request url, i'm noticing that power apps is not putting the client_secret= parameter as a query parameter. 

Is this a known bug?

Thanks,

Jeremy 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Getting Null client secret. Generic OAuth 2.0

Hi @Anonymous,

Were you trying to use your custom connector in PowerApps? If so, would you please share your swagger file? Also, please make that you are following the documentation below:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/register-custom-api/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Null client secret. Generic OAuth 2.0

Hi @v-monli-msft,

I'm creating a custom connector in PowerApps.  I don't have a swagger file because i'm creating the power app from "Create from blank Template",  I'm not having issues with the rest end point but rather the security section.  

I'm sure I have discovered the problem.  The generic Oauth2 idenitity provider that i'm using isn't implementing the OAuth2 protocol correctly.  In the authorization request they require the client_secret which is wrong, and the reason i'm getting the error I was getting.  I'll have to contact the identity provider to resolve this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,783)