cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mleijzer
Regular Visitor

Getting SQL on-premis data error

I've been trying to connect to data from our on-premis SQL server.

I already have a gateway up and running for Power BI, this works excellent.

But when I try to get the data in Power Apps I get an "Unexpected error", see the attached file.

Mashup-text says: "section Section1"

I am absolutely sure I have the data settings and credentials set correctly, they're identical to the setting in power BI gateway.

Just don't know what I'm doing wrong here, I have seen some similar problems but none of the solutions seem to apply.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mleijzer ,

Both on-premise gateways and SQL connector have recently become premium. As such you would need to have a license in order to be able to access this. Can you confirm me if you have a license that allows you to access this? (e.g. PowerApps Plan 1, Plan2, per user plan or per app plan).

If this is not applicable my suggestion would be to raise a Support Request in the Power Platform admin center, in order to troubleshoot this in more depth.

Hope this helped!

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mleijzer ,

Both on-premise gateways and SQL connector have recently become premium. As such you would need to have a license in order to be able to access this. Can you confirm me if you have a license that allows you to access this? (e.g. PowerApps Plan 1, Plan2, per user plan or per app plan).

If this is not applicable my suggestion would be to raise a Support Request in the Power Platform admin center, in order to troubleshoot this in more depth.

Hope this helped!

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

Yes, you are right, thanks for helping!

I forgot, indeed I do not have a premium account, so that's the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,970)