cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaurentN
Regular Visitor

Getting TEAMS member to populate dropdown list

Hello,

Is it possible to populate a dropdown list using a list of member from a TEAMS, and how ?

Best regards

8 REPLIES 8
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @LaurentN ,

Don't think that's possible.

Looking at the connector's documentation https://www.carlosag.net/PowerApps/Connectors/Microsoft-Teams there's the possibility to get some information but not the members.

Sorry for the bad news.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Hello,

Is there, for example, a way to get members of a TEAMS to populate a sharepoint list (using flow ?) and then use the sharepoint list to populate the dropdown list in powerpapps ?

Thanks

Hi @LaurentN 

That would be an excellent workaround, but I think it's not possible also. Not that I'm aware at least.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Hi @LaurentN ,

This is not available currently, please consider to add an idea in below forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I just try a solution yesterday that seems to work by combining Powerapps and Flow.

I have a Flow triggered by Powerapps that send me back a comma separated string containing the list of all the email of a Office 365 Group (the one created and used by the Teams I want to use in my usecase), and that is stored in a collection (then I am able to do what I need in Powerapps : controlling access and options in the app for the users).

Let me know if you are interested and I will explain it more in detail (with screenshot).

Best regards

Could I see a screen shot of that?

nickellis74
Resolver II
Resolver II

I came here looking for an answer to the same problem, and noted that there is no answer given. I did find an answer in the end so although it's an old topic I thought I would share it for others.

A Team is just an Office Group at heart, so the answer is to use the Office 365 Groups Connector. Then find the ID of the team, which is this bit of the URL:

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/team/xx%3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxc7%40thread.tacv2/conversations?groupId=999a9999-aaaa-9a999-a9a9-99999a99a9a9&tenantId=999a9999-aaaa-9a999-a9a9-99999a99a9a9

I then added the members into a collection called "_Owners" like this:

ClearCollect(_Owners,Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers("999a9999-aaaa-9a999-a9a9-99999a99a9a9").value);

Hopefully this will save others scratching their head at this one!

RTB_10
Helper I
Helper I

The solution provided by @nickellis74 worked for me!

The tricky part for me was finding the Team ID which was not in the URL. However I was able to find this by using the Azure directory.

Not sure if the messages above saying this isn't possible are outdated but this is definitely doable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,611)