cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HussainAlnasri
Frequent Visitor

Getting Warning in formula in Text Search box

Dears, 

Need your support. I have created Mutli Search in my list ,but i get warrning and not able to see latest Items when i search ,but if i make it only one search defult ,then i able to see all items. 

Below how it show. 

14 REPLIES 14
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

HI @HussainAlnasri ,

Is this a delegation warning ? Can you please supply the warning text 

Apart from delegation issues, Try placing the  can the first StartsWith in value: StartsWith('Serial Number',Value(TextSearchBox1.Text))

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Hi @WarrenBelz , 

See the attachment, 

I had follow the steps as per the warning to change the name of the list ,but still same warning given 

Hi @eka24 , 

I had tried ortByColumns(Filter([@'Service Engineer Calendar_1'], StartsWith('Serial Number',Value(TextSearchBox1.Text)) ||StartsWith('Service Engineer Name',Value(TextSearchBox1.Text))), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending)) 

It's same warning. 

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Thanks @HussainAlnasri ,

Please have a look at the below code and notes

SortByColumns(
   Filter(
      [@'Service Engineer Calendar_1'], 
      StartsWith(
         'Serial Number',
         Value(TextSearchBox1.Text
      )
         //extra bracket was in here - not needed
      ||
      StartsWith(
         'Service Engineer Name',
          TextSearchBox1.Text    // do not need Value here - removed
      ), 
      "Title", 
      If(
         SortDescending1, 
         Descending, Ascending
      )
   ) 
)          //bracket should be here

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz , 

Thank you for support. If i use your formula ,then no any data show. 

I had tried below formula ,but not showing me any error or woning. 

SortByColumns(Filter([@'Service Engineer Calendar_1'], StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1_1.Text) ||StartsWith('Created By'.DisplayName, TextSearchBox1_1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

It seems there is problem in the 'Service Engineer Name'.Value  

Can you type the formula so i can copy it. 

Hi @HussainAlnasri ,

I am not aware of your data structure, so initially was only trying to get the code in a syntax what might work. The code below is a totally different Filter to your first post. There is nothing wrong with the syntax below as long as all the references are valid. When you are typing all the valid options come up under the box as you hit the "dot" to start the next part. With the Service Engineer, see what is underneath with you type the "dot".
Due to timezone issues, I will be offline shortly.

SortByColumns(
   Filter(
      [@'Service Engineer Calendar_1'],
       StartsWith(
         Title, 
         TextSearchBox1_1.Text
       ) ||
       StartsWith(
          'Created By'.DisplayName, 
          TextSearchBox1_1.Text
        )
    ), 
    "Title", 
    If(
       SortDescending1, 
       Descending, 
       Ascending
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz , 

What i mean when i change the second search from 'Service engineer name'.Value  to 'Created by'  just for trial and no warning show also the blue line off under the formula. Which mean there is problem in selection beucase  the box is not showing me this option 'Service engineer name'.value  to be select. Is there any other optition i can do mulit search in my list. 

OK @HussainAlnasri ,

What type of field is Service Engineer in your data source?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,895)