cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Getting a count of fields on a form

I have a rather lengthy form that requires scrolling to complete. I thought it would be nice to display a progress indicator at the top of the canvas indicating how far along you are in completing the form. I thought about using the Tabindex property but it does not appear that I can read that property.

My idea for a solution is to display the % of form completion using a formula similar to (Tabindex of current field)/(Total number of fields on form).

Is this kind of functionality possible? Has anyone done something similar?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Getting a count of fields on a form

Hi @MFischer,

I don't think currently it is possible to make the auto-scroll work in a form control.

You may consider create multiple forms, then take use of Patch() function to submit the data.

See the following thread for more details:

Submit multiple forms

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Getting a count of fields on a form

Thank you for the response.

Sorry if I was not clear. I am not interested in auto-scrolling the form. I am interested in displaying a progress indicator of what field of total fields on the form I am currnetly completing. For example, let's say the form has 25 fields. On load, fields 1 - 7 are visible on the PA canvas. I envision the heading with a message simialr to "Now completing Field 1 of 25". As I progress through completing each field on the form, the couter would increment. Optionally this could be shown as a progress bar going from 0% - 100%.

This could be done manually but that is not ideal. An automatic implementation would be ideal but I do not think PA has this capability. 

Currently my muli-page form is being posted to my SharePoint list using Patch which overall wroks well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,573)