cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMum
Advocate III
Advocate III

Getting a pushback from work regarding PowerApps

Someone at my work said, "Powerapps itself is a SaaS application. However, what we build on it is not a SaaS application by default.". I don't think it's true!  Is there a link that I can prove it's not right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@DMum ,

You have nailed it with the last comment and I have responded to a similar question a little while ago.

"Citizen Developers" are the emerging future (I am not an IT professional) and open source code such as PowerFX (which Power Apps is built on) allows ongoing management of apps without reliance on the person who wrote it - you just need another trained person to come in and continue.

Also the flexibility for changes (at little cost) is greatly enhanced. You will get a lot of "it is not good - it is a <insert IT acronym here> program from software vendors . . .

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@DMum ,

A bit of a strange statement - Software as a Service fairly well describes Power Apps as the application is hosted in the cloud as is the publishing version control. You can of course download apps locally (for backup) in a couple of ways. I am wondering with the statement what they inferring as the downside of their perception.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz 

Thank you for your answer. Perception is PowerApps even though it's a SaaS application. Still, an application you build on is not a SaaS application (Say I build a budgeting application using PowerApps it's not a SaaS app), which I strongly disagree with; however, how I prove it?

By the way, people who write codes for their lives are scared of the PowreApps potential and what it can do! So I understand this pushback! (job security!)

@DMum ,

You have nailed it with the last comment and I have responded to a similar question a little while ago.

"Citizen Developers" are the emerging future (I am not an IT professional) and open source code such as PowerFX (which Power Apps is built on) allows ongoing management of apps without reliance on the person who wrote it - you just need another trained person to come in and continue.

Also the flexibility for changes (at little cost) is greatly enhanced. You will get a lot of "it is not good - it is a <insert IT acronym here> program from software vendors . . .

DMum
Advocate III
Advocate III

@WarrenBelz  Exactly what you said 🙂   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXgKf0lSMp0

(Switch your career to the Power Platform with Joe Camp | #LessCodeMorePower)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,078)