Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Getting consecutive

Hi there,

Silly question here?

I have a SharePoint list, and my departments they need to add records in a daily basis. But some times one department can create a record but later can or can not save that record like a Discard or cancel.

I want to know if when the user select new record power app automatically gets the next consecutive number or only when the user save the data is when the record is saved?

I need a number and I don't know if the sharepoint ID can help me in this case? what could be the best in this case? generate a random number and patch that number regardless of the SPL ID?

If not, could you please explain how to get that number to the new record once the user select to create a new record and how to release that number just in case the user declines to create the record and if other user in other department can use that number?

thanks in advance for any response 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@sajarac 

The ID is not allocated until the record is saved!

I think that pretty much answers what you need.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@sajarac 

The ID is not allocated until the record is saved!

I think that pretty much answers what you need.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

As always thank you very much for your response.

Yup. that solve my question. So I think that I will generate a random number like a temporal number until the record is saved. Because I need a number to be printed.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you! 

🙂

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@sajarac 

Any time!! 😁

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,617)