cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Getting data from screen 1 to screen 3

Hi, 

I want to send the data from screen 1 to screen 3 in PowerApps. Is there way to transfer that data?

I am using navigating for transferring data from screen 1 to screen 2 but when I use a second navigation on screen1 with a semicolon to transfer the data from screen 1 to screen 3 it directly takes me to screen 3 rather than taking me from screen 2.

Going from screen 2 is necessary but I also want to transfer data from screen 1 to screen 3. Please let me know how can I do that. That would be helpful! Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

@Gaurav01 

In this case, your question is about transferring content from one screen to another. 

That is not how PowerApps works to our understanding.

You do not generally transfer things from one screen to another screen.

Even the controls that are displayed on one screen, actually can be referenced from another screen from another control for instance.

So in your case, you should instead choose one of these two options for your scenario:

1. Set a Variable / Use a Variable, or

2. use a collection.

Let's give example with Set a Variable / Use a Variable. Let's suppose it is Text value (be sure to be consistent with the type).

On App Start and On Screen 1 OnVisible use this statement:

Set(MyArbitraryVariable001,"")

Elsewhere in Screen 1, set the real value

Set(MyArbitraryVariable001,"My Text Value")

In Screen 3, try to use the value, e.g. in a Label text

On a Label, Parameter Text, put this as the contents: MyArbitraryVariable001

There you go.

You can also use alternatively use ClearCollect, Update, Patch, etc. if you prefer to use a Collection. If you use a Collection, this is not a second step - instead, you would opt to use a collection instead of using a variable if you wanted to.

To our understanding, a PowerApps Collection is interpreted (or can be used as ) a type of "data source" - so a Collection can be used if you want to use data source or collection related functions instead and depending on your scenario.

Variables and Collection can be used across any of the screens to our understanding as well. This is because a Variable and Collection is scoped to whole app.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

@Gaurav01

Can you please supply some specific details about your problem?

What are your screen names?
What data are you trying to send from screen 1?  Show a screenshot and your code
Where will this data go in screen 3?  Show a screenshot and your code.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Super User II
Super User II

@Gaurav01 

You can choose one of these two options for your scenario:

2. use a collection.

Let's give example with Set a Variable / Use a Variable. Let's suppose it is Text value (be sure to be consistent with the type).

On a Label, Parameter Text, put this as the contents: MyArbitraryVariable001

There you go.

You can also use ClearCollect, Update, Patch, etc. 

To our understanding, a PowerApps Collection is interpreted (or can be used as ) a type of "data source" - so a Collection can be used if you want to use data source or collection related functions instead and depending on your scenario.

Variables and Collection can be used across any of the screens to our understanding as well. This is because a Variable and Collection is scoped to whole app.

Your question is about transferring content from one screen to another. This is not how PowerApps works to our understanding. You do not transfer things from one screen to another screen. Even the controls that are displayed on one screen, actually can be referenced from another screen from another control for instance.

Super User II
Super User II

@Gaurav01 

In this case, your question is about transferring content from one screen to another. 

That is not how PowerApps works to our understanding.

You do not generally transfer things from one screen to another screen.

Even the controls that are displayed on one screen, actually can be referenced from another screen from another control for instance.

So in your case, you should instead choose one of these two options for your scenario:

2. use a collection.

On a Label, Parameter Text, put this as the contents: MyArbitraryVariable001

There you go.

You can also use alternatively use ClearCollect, Update, Patch, etc. if you prefer to use a Collection. If you use a Collection, this is not a second step - instead, you would opt to use a collection instead of using a variable if you wanted to.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Thank you. Got it what you mean!

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,342)