cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Getting delegation waring for field types and operators that are delegable.

Hi All,

I have a list with the 3 columns all single line of text. 2 of them with indexes.
Anything similar to the formula below is giving me delegation warning. Even without the && operator.
UpdateContext({_tmp_Var:LookUp(List, Title="Test" && Email=User().Email).Name});

Does anyone know why is this happening and how to get around it? What am I missing here?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The problem is the use of the User() function in the lookup.  That function has to be completed by Power Apps and is therefore not delegable.  The remote data source doesn't know who the current user is.  But its a simple fix.  If you change your command to the following it should work without a delegation warning.

UpdateContext({CurrentUser: User().Email});UpdateContext({_tmp_Var:LookUp(List, Title="Test" && Email=CurrentUser).Name});

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

@rssilvaba 

What is delegable depends on the specific data source(s) you are using. We have some questions for you that if possible we would like you to provide in your next reply so we could try and better help you.

1) What is/are the data source(s) you are using in this case?

2) Is the formula below for illustrative purposes only or is it literally that you are using?

@rssilvaba wrote:

UpdateContext({_tmp_Var:LookUp(List, Title="Test" && Email=User().Email).Name});

If above is literally what you are using, where exactly are you using it and what is the specific context of why the formula is being used in this specific way i.e. what is the specific objective attempted to be accomplished?

Please provide this info in the next reply and we could try and see if we can check on it further for you.

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The problem is the use of the User() function in the lookup.  That function has to be completed by Power Apps and is therefore not delegable.  The remote data source doesn't know who the current user is.  But its a simple fix.  If you change your command to the following it should work without a delegation warning.

UpdateContext({CurrentUser: User().Email});UpdateContext({_tmp_Var:LookUp(List, Title="Test" && Email=CurrentUser).Name});

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,328)