cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimoMigchielsen
Level: Powered On

Re: Getting errors, changed my application from Excel to SharePoint

It tells me the column "Status" does not exist. And that  the function search has invalid arguments.

https://gyazo.com/6a512182461d5ce6e487ed7603d193a4

So I looked into the database and I can see I do have a column named "Status" Maybe to make it more clear we could change it to:

'Manco-Informatie'.Status 

@RandyHayes 

Super User
Super User

@TimoMigchielsen 

So in reviewing your screen shots and other information, I do not see Status in your PowerApps collection.  This tells me one of several things:

1) It does not exist - but your SharePoint screen shot tells me it does.

2) It is not a Text/String column - Please go into the List Settings in SharePoint and verify that it is a Text column (don't just look at it in the list, specifically go to the list settings)

3) Your data source in PowerApps is not reflecting the most recent schema - Make sure you delete the datasource from your PowerApp and then add it back in.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Microsoft v-bofeng-msft
Microsoft

Hi @TimoMigchielsen :

Firstly,let me explain what these cloumns are(I see a lot of columns that I don't know where they came from)

They are  predefined parameters.In this case, you don’t need to pay attention to them.

Second, let's focus on these errors.(It tells me the column "Status" does not exist. And that  the function search has invalid arguments.)

Thanks @RandyHayes  for the solution,based on this I have nothing to add.

If you still have problems, could you show more details?

Best Regards,

Bof

TimoMigchielsen

Thank you for your reply,

I have looked inside of my table again and I do have the column named "Status" as you can see here: https://gyazo.com/a0d291b88380348d1455aa361dc3202d

I tried to edit the column but there is not option to edit it. I can edit every column except this one. I tried to load the whole table in again but I get the same problem... 

I have looked inside of my collection that someone suggested earlier in the comments and I have found my status table in there but it's named "{Name}". I guess I could use this name inside of my code? I don't know why it renamed "Status" to "{Name}"

Whenever I type 'Manco-Informatie'.

I do get the option "Status". I have tried this and it still says the column status can't be found.
https://gyazo.com/ebc45b1d0fbc91bf2581ce2cc0875f63

Here are my list settings:
https://gyazo.com/e1166af089edb9ae8003f41a97d03b69

I have also tried to delete the sharepoint list and add it again. I get the same problem.

@RandyHayes  @v-bofeng-msft 

Microsoft v-bofeng-msft
Microsoft

Hi @TimoMigchielsen 

I found it in your collection.Is this your "status" cloumn?It seems to appear as "Title"

test1.PNG

Best Regards,

Bof

TimoMigchielsen

I've tried to type "Title" but it does not appear to be a vailable column name. 

https://gyazo.com/046226bf98f86313909124837ddaa7f0

@v-bofeng-msft 

Microsoft v-bofeng-msft
Microsoft

Hi @TimoMigchielsen :

title.PNG

Try “Title”,I think you may have missed the "e"

Best Regards

Bof

Super User
Super User

@v-bofeng-msft good call on the Status being Tile.  Seeing the list settings in that screen shot was a good indicator.

@TimoMigchielsen Are you able to replace Status with Title in your app?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
TimoMigchielsen

I had tried to put "title", I just removed the "e" so you could see "title" is also not showing up on the available ones, you can see "title5" and "title3" but not "title"

This was sadly not the fix

@v-bofeng-msft @RandyHayes  

Super User
Super User

@TimoMigchielsen 

What are title5 and title3?  I've not seen those in your list or data so far.  

What does your formula look like at this point?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,520)