Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Getting more items than 2000

Hello!

So basically I am having a database with information about projects with products. Each row has its own projectnumber. Whenever I fill in the projectnumbers, it will automatically get information from the database when it sees the projectnumber. Now I have 8000 projects that I want to be able to search information for and the maximum is 2000. How can I do this? I am using onedrive for business and an excel database.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Getting more items than 2000

@TimoMigchielsen 

Achieving your goal will not be possible with Excel + Onedrive.  PowerApps has a hard limit of 2,000 rows when using Excel as a datasource.  There are no workarounds for this.  You must switch to another datasource such as:

• SharePoint (free)
  • Common Data Service (costs money)
  • SQL (also costs money)

Assuming you choose SharePoint you will need to rely on a few tricks

• Use formulas that are delegation friendly
  • Index columns that you want to use filter or lookup on so you can exceed 5,000 rows.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @TimoMigchielsen 

You can import them as a static Excel datasource. It allows up to 15000 items. Upside:  no delegation issue. Downside: lookup only, not editable.

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Thank you for your answer. I have never used sharepoint. Will I be able to save the sharepoint file inside of my onedrive for business? And what formulas do I have to use? 

@mdevaney 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@TimoMigchielsen 

SharePoint is not a file.  It is an online service where you can store data inside of "lists" (which are essentially just tables in a database). You cannot save 'SharePoint' inside of OneDrive.

Regarding the functions: I cannot simply tell you which ones to use.  You would have to describe a specific problem (in a new post) and then the forum could help you to solve the problem.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,884)