cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianHFASPS
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Getting prompted for license on Windows 10 app but not on Web version or IOS version?

Suddenly mid-day today some of my users using Windows 10 player app are getting prompted to turn on additional licensing. The same user on web or IOS is not being prompted. Anyone else seeing this?

4 REPLIES 4
goobernoodles
Advocate III
Advocate III

My guess is that the windows app does a better job at keeping apps on their latest version along with their latest licensing checks.  Does your app utilize the SQL connector or any other connectors that have recently been brandished "premium"?

You should probably read this if you haven't already:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Help-understanding-powerapps-licens...

Yes, however I am in a grandfathered state for those apps for some amount of time between 1-5 years depending on who you ask and when. Actually I have noticed that the Windows 10 app is the least updated most broken player compared to web and IOS. Haven't used android.

Hi @BrianHFASPS ,

Firstly, PowerApps license policy has made a lot of change recently.

Some connectors used to be standard connector now becomes premium connector, for example SQL.

So if your license is not enough, you need to buy new license based on your demands.

Here's a doc about the latest version of license in details for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus

About why situation is different in powerapps desktop and website is that:

Indeed the Windows application is not getting feature development at the moment.

Powerapps desktop hasn't relased new version for a long time.

So many new functions/changes not are not supported now.

I suggest you use  the web player or mobile player for those PowerApps applications.

Please note the doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config 

We currently don't support new features on Windows platform for PowerApps app. Features such as the Improved Common Data Service option and guest access are not available on this platform. We recommend using a web player on Windows to leverage the full set of capabilities. Updates to the PowerApps app for Windows platform will be announced in future.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BrianHFASPS - are you still experiencing this issue?

@Anonymous 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (63,430)