cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R58395
Helper III
Helper III

Getting "Failed to retrieve PowerApp details" when using a Microsoft Power Apps Webpart on SharePoint Online Modern Page

In a Modern SP Online page, I am putting a "Microsoft Powerapps (preview)" webpart and putting in the app ID of the power app which works find on its own. However then the webpart shows:

Something went wrong

If the problem persists, contact the site administrator and give them the information in Technical Details.

ERROR:
Failed to retrieve PowerApp details.

CALL STACK:
Error: Failed to retrieve PowerApp details.
at https://modernb.akamai.odsp.cdn.office.net/files/sp-client/sp-powerapps-webpart_en-us_55a42c6796b139...
at async Promise.all (index 1)

I am on the latest Chrome (v92). Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @R58395 ,

Two ways you can have a try:

1. Try to use the App web link instead of the APP ID, then republish the page and check the result.

valbaimsft_1-1628241755961.png

2. Try to open this SP page using the Microsoft Edge browser and check if the webpart can works well.

valbaimsft_0-1628241579707.png

Best regards,

Allen

R58395
Helper III
Helper III

I tried edge (Version 89.0.774.76 (Official build) (64-bit)) but it did not work. I also have 2 accounts (1 regular and 1 for admin functions). The regular account works, but not the admin.

Hi @R58395 ,

So strange about your issue since everything works well on my side.

For this kind of issue, I would suggest you quickly submit a support ticket, so that you can get a most effective reply from there. The support engineers there have more resources, maybe some engineers also handled these kind of issues.
https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support 

Best regards,

Allen

cnchandroo14
Frequent Visitor

Hi R58395,

Did you solve the issue, you had faced? We are currently experience the exact same issue as you mentioned in SharePoint online when using Powerapps webpart. 

Please let us know, if you resolved this issue, so that we will also try the same in our tenant.

Thanks,

Chandrasekaran

cgreenmzr
Helper I
Helper I

We also just started running into this issue. Anyone resolve? 

Thanks,

Chris

mverschoor1
Regular Visitor

We just started getting this error all of a sudden as well, assuming there is a new issue with the web part?

cgreenmzr
Helper I
Helper I

@mverschoor1 it sure seems that way! I submitted a ticket to 
Microsoft Support but haven't heard anything back yet. 

Mauricio_D14z

Hi, it may not be a direct solution to the PowerApps connector in Sharepoint, but I have been using the "embed" option for this same error and it does work for me. I hope Microsoft can have a prompt response to this error, but using embed is a good option as an alternative and not permanent measure.

cgreenmzr
Helper I
Helper I

I'm trying to embed it on my SharePoint page and it's not working. It's not liking the formatting of my URL for some reason. Can you share what you used? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,212)