cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_San
Helper I
Helper I

Global Approver for multiple apps within the same org

We have few apps like "Training Request Form", "Merit Award Form" etc. For all these forms, the approvers are same. The back end of all these forms are SharePoint Lists. Is it possible to create a Global Variable for Approvers so that can be used everywhere instead of their email/user ids ?

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Power apps has no capability to create a global variable across multiple apps.  The best workaround would be to create a SharePoint list where you can add all the approvers and then set the apps to use that list when assigning approvers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you @Pstork1 . So does that mean, the approver list from Sharepoint can be used in the power apps forms? Like some fields are visible only to approvers in the forms.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Since the list won't change frequently and will be used repeatedly in the app, I would add something to the OnStart of each app that reads the list and stores it in a local collection.  If you ever need to add or remove approvers just edit the list and the next time any of the apps are started they will get the fresh list.  

Not sure how you are doing the visibility of specific fields.  I'm assuming you are checking to see if the current user is in that list.  If so, then yes you could use it that way.  But I need to point out that that isn't security since it only applies to the Power App and users can still see all the fields if they go directly to the SharePoint list.  But the Approvers list would just be another data source/Collection that you can use in your app.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,457)