Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Global Variables = No Value

Hello @ eka24  @

I followed your instructions to set a global variable on a calculated field:

Set(MyCalFigure,1Sum(GalleryHours.AllItems, HOURS)) in a button on screen 1

l added a label and put the Variable on the Text property: MyCalFigure1.

I did the same for 2 other screens which are records from the Main gallery MyCalFigure2 and MyCalFigure3 but nothing is showing in the global variables collection. Each variable shows "No Value" in the variables collection info.

I would like to add the total of these 3 variables together on the main gallery screen MyCalFigure1+MyCalFigure2+MyCalFigure3 but this doesn't work.

It may be worth noting that the Hours used in the calculation are in 'GalleryHours' not the Main Gallery - does this matter?

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Hi @Englishweb ,

You already have a couple of very capable helpers in @eka24 and @v-siky-msft , but I will throw in how I would design this myself - bear in mind there are many different solutions to any problem.

I would make a collection of the filtered result you want and then Patch the sum total of this back to list one.

Again my preference only, but you also can do things in stages with Collections and Variables rather than try to make one huge complex formula to do it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,153)