cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicolleAbrahams
Frequent Visitor

Global Variables not allowed in StartScreen

I am creating an app that has 3 roles, Admin, Initiator and User.

All three roles need to start on a different screen, my thought was to create two collections one to identify if the user is an Admin and one to identify if the user is an Initiator, if they are neither they start on the Home Screen but if the are Admin or Initiator they are directed to their respective admin screens. I tried to do this with !IsBlank(collection) but the StartScreen property does not allow collections nor does it allow global variables does anyone have any solution?

OnStart:

Collect(col_UserTasks, Filter('Document Control Audit List', 'Created By'.Email = User().Email));

Collect(col_AdminTasks, Filter('Document Control Audit List', Approver.Email = User().Email));

StartScreen:

If(!IsBlank(col_UserTasks), "User Screen", !IsBlank(col_AdminTasks), "Admin Screen, "Home Screen")

1 REPLY 1
CatSchneider
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @NicolleAbrahams! Try the following in the App.StartScreen property:

If(

CountIf('Document Control Audit List', Lower('Created By'.Email) = Lower(User().Email)) > 0, 'User Screen',
    CountIf('Document Control Audit List', Lower(Approver.Email) = Lower(User().Email)) > 0, 'Admin Screen',

'Home Screen'

)

Just an FYI, I typically use Upper() or Lower() to verify email addresses are the same since Power Apps tends to see "Cat.Schneider@..." not equal to "cat.schneider@..."; also, use a single quote around the Screen names for it to recognize the screens you are referencing in the formula bar. Let me know if this works out for you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,922)