cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Global Variables on (Run OnStart) are no longer working

I have an APP that quit retrieving the global variables on Run Onstart. This happened for no apparent reason and I cannot figure out how to troubleshoot it. I have reverted back to a previous version of the App (didn't solve it); I disconnected and reconnected the data sources (didn't solve it either); 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Global Variables on (Run OnStart) are no longer working

I was running into something similar, so I put it in the OnVisible of the first screen instead, and it seemed to work. Strange things. I do think that even when it wasn't working properly in the editor with the global variables in the OnStart, it might have still been working in the published version of the app for the users.

The other method you might try that has been a failsafe for me is to set the variables in the OnSelect value of a button, and set the Visible property of the button to false. Then, in the OnVisible of the first screen, put Select(Button1) to trigger the code.

Gotta love workarounds 🙂

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Resolved - I spotted the error.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for responding. I didn't look for enough down the on start code for a missing paren. (Sometimes the simplest of things trip you up after resolving more complex issues : )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,867)