cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Top part of screen

Hello,

when I navigate to a screen (say SCR1) for the first time, PowerApps shows the screen at its top position. If I scrolll down, go to another screen, and then come back to SCR1, it shows the screen at the last position used (so down part in that case).

Whereas I would like it to always display the screen at the top.

Is there any way to achieve this ?

Guillaume

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - if the screen that we would like to have displayed at the top of the page has no Data Cards (only galleries and other Text/Label elements), where can we use the Visible property of "resetCan=False" in the screen? 

Thank you!

Dude! Really, Really Thanks!!!!! Heart Cat Mad
That simple issue still is too hard to solve in PowerApp. I begin developer there is five days, so I'm really suffering for now!
Cat Wink

JKat
Frequent Visitor

Using a timer works for data cards with galleries. The screen flashes as you open it.

Timer has 1 sec duration.

On timer start: UpdateContext({resetCan:false})

On timer end: UpdateContext({resetCan:true})

Data card Visible property has If(resetCan, true, false)

this is working in android mobile but not working in Iphones

azarshan1234
Frequent Visitor

it is not working in iphones

This (using a variable with OnVisible to control the visible property of the cards) worked for me but then was glitching on Mobile!  It would pile the cards on top of each other.  To solve this issue, I had to add 2 timers that displayed the form/cards in sections.  This is RIDICULOUS!!  Too much of a workaround for a simple need.  We just need a Reset (Canvas) function or the ability to manually set the scroll value.  PLEASE

lk777
Helper III
Helper III

My workaround:

Inserted a button (btnDummy) on the top of the scrollable DataCard.

Home button or Back button or whatever you use to return to any previous screen:

OnSelect = SetFocus(btnDummy)

The button can have Visible property set to True and set its size to the dot or you can use some logic to make it visible. OnSelect=false

It works for me.

Hi your solution works for me but my problem is scroll bar went top of the gallery but gallery item value did not show. it shows after I scroll the scrollbar why what is the problem please help me.

@Sienna 

While searching for this same question, i don't see the answer in this post.  I found a solution that worked for my needs.  Use the action SetFocus in the screen OnVisible property.  For example, in Screen1, enter the following in the OnVisible property:  SetFocus(textBox1).   Just choose a control that is at the top of the screen.

I learned this from one of Shane Young's videos:  Power Apps SetFocus and Scroll to top of a Form - YouTube 

Nice workaround! Worked exactly as i wanted 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,315)