Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Go to Top part of screen

Hello,

when I navigate to a screen (say SCR1) for the first time, PowerApps shows the screen at its top position. If I scrolll down, go to another screen, and then come back to SCR1, it shows the screen at the last position used (so down part in that case).

Whereas I would like it to always display the screen at the top.

Is there any way to achieve this ?

Guillaume

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted

@MarcBailey

Yes. It is almost the same workaround. All you have to do is reset the items in the gallery. Do exactly the same thing with OnVisible and OnHiden property of the screen and and in your gallery Items property add

If(resetCan=false, [your original items here])

View solution in original post

Highlighted

duplicate... don't mind this post

Highlighted

I confirm this also works for the galleries, thanks 🙂

Highlighted

@Sienna

That worked - thanks so much. 

I saw your post related to your company's decision to not use the PowerApps platform.  I was sorry to hear that but completely understand the basis.  It has been a real challenge navigating through all the workarounds, delayed and uncertain timelines, and lack of focus on some core functions and elements.

Glad to see you are still active on the Community Board.

Thanks again, Marc...

Highlighted

Thanks @MarcBailey

This community board is a bit of an addiction and it also keeps my knowledge fresh and updated 🙂 I hope the changes in PA will come soon to be able to work with PA again

Highlighted

Edit : for galleries, it doesn't work if your gallery is in a scrollable screen (which is my case).

I tried to modify the Visible property of the gallery (just like for the datacard) instead of the Items property but it failed too.

Keep trying to make it work ...

Highlighted

@Guillaume

The reset must be in the item property otherwise it doesn't work. I have never had a gallery in scrollable screen to be honest so can not confirm that.. Let me take a look at it

Highlighted

@Guillaume

Yes you are right. It doesn't work if gallery is inside a datacard. To be honest I don't really think that data card was even made to carry galleries. I think the canvas was not even made for bulding visual scrolable screen.. It took me a while to get the gallery inside the datacard. The only way is to paste the gallery inside the datacard so I assume the gallery can't be in the datacard.  It looks to me more like unfinished job. I have already asked for a proper item container here

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Items-Container/idi-p/83487

which would solve the problem

Highlighted

Ok thanks for trying @Sienna . I will give it a try and let you know if I get successful.

Highlighted

Hm. What about a completed Form? or after a Collection is made? 

We really need markdown-like #anchor-tags built into PowerApps!

Upvote the idea!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,116)