cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Google Pixel 3 Powerapp

I have just purchased a Google Pixel 3 and loaded up a Powerapp that works on all other mobiles I have tested it on. The issue I find with the Google Pixel 3 is that both 0 and 1 for the Camera both give me the front camera. I think this could be because the mobile has 4 cameras. Has anyone found this is an issue and if so how can we code for two camera phones and four camera phones?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Iconic,

I have made a test on my side (within my iPhone X, which has three cameras), and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The version of my iOS device is 12.1, the version of PowerApps Mobile App is 3.18112.18. When I set 0 for Camera property of the Camera control, it would use the back camera, if I set 1 for Camera property of the Camera control, it would use font camera.

Please check if the version of PowerApps Mobile App in your Android device is the last version, if not, please upgrade it into the last version, then check if the issue is solved.

Also please consider take a try to uninstall PowerApps Mobile App from your Android device, then re-install it, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thanks for your reply. I have the latest Powerapp installed on my Pixel which I only just installed. I'm using a toggle to switch from back to front with the Camera property set to If(Toggle1.Value, 1,0). I have also a Sony Xperia which has only one camera front and back and the Powerapp works fine on that mobile.

I tried to click on the link you provided but received a 404 error.

Highlighted

I just had a thought. I changed If(Toggle1.Value, 3,0) which worked. It seems that with the Pixel 3 with 4 cameras 0 and 1 are the front cameras and 3 and 4 are the back cameras. Because I only want the back camera for this Powerapp using 0 and 3 may work. I might set the default to 0 and if the toggle is true then display a list of camera options in a list for the user to try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,071)