Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PPanfili
Helper I
Helper I

Google Sheets, Collecting a Number

Hello everyone.  

I have a column in Google Sheets with a Heading Points.

I am trying to use a Slider in my app, to pass a numerical value over to the Google Sheet thru a Collect Formula, however, it will only pass the value as a text.  Even though I have the column set to Number in the Sheet.

I am at a lost here and am getting frustrated, because I need to be able to sum these columns, and I feel this should be a simple task, and I dont know why I cant grasp it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PPanfili,

To force the value into number within PowerApps, please take a try with the Value function.

"

The Value function converts a string of text that contains number characters to a number value. Use this function when you need to perform calculations on numbers that were entered as text by a user.

"

For example:

Collect(CollectionName, Value(Slider1.Value))

For value function, please check:

Value function in PowerApps

Besides, it seems PowerApps would have all the GoogleSheet column initialize to text format when connecting to the GoogleSheet.

so if here you would like to have the insert data back to number, then you may need to re-format it from the GoogleSheet.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PPanfili,

To force the value into number within PowerApps, please take a try with the Value function.

"

The Value function converts a string of text that contains number characters to a number value. Use this function when you need to perform calculations on numbers that were entered as text by a user.

"

For example:

Collect(CollectionName, Value(Slider1.Value))

For value function, please check:

Value function in PowerApps

Besides, it seems PowerApps would have all the GoogleSheet column initialize to text format when connecting to the GoogleSheet.

so if here you would like to have the insert data back to number, then you may need to re-format it from the GoogleSheet.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,149)