cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acepeda
Helper I
Helper I

Granular Item multi hierarchical user level role access - Looking for recomendation

Hello,

I am looking for a suitable approach to address item-level security in an application that aims to:

Add monthly records to customers (Item level) and 
whose responsible for viewing and editing these records are part of 4 hierarchical levels associated with these items.

Currently I have 3 SharePoint Lists that have the following structure (trying to follow a dimensional model):

I have reviewed the video from the attached link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoNQjvHk6qc

from  @RezaDorrani  but I am not sure if it is the most suitable option in this particular case. I appreciate in advance any help to guide me how to proceed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @acepeda ,

I do agree with the solution provided by @RezaDorrani.  And also his video is really detailed, you can refer to his steps to configure your app.

For your requirement, my initial idea was to use SharePoint's built-in items-level permission. I think this way is more suitable for achieving item-level security.

You can create different folders for different users(set different permissions on folders), and after create new items in PowerApps, use Flow to move the new items into different folders, so that users can only see the list items of the folder to which he has access.

Best regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @acepeda ,

I do agree with the solution provided by @RezaDorrani.  And also his video is really detailed, you can refer to his steps to configure your app.

For your requirement, my initial idea was to use SharePoint's built-in items-level permission. I think this way is more suitable for achieving item-level security.

You can create different folders for different users(set different permissions on folders), and after create new items in PowerApps, use Flow to move the new items into different folders, so that users can only see the list items of the folder to which he has access.

Best regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (50,780)