Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sussan
Helper III
Helper III

Graph update automatically

Hi, 

I have a graph that should update automatically without the need to refresh the power apps site or the SharePoint page where is placed. We are updating it through an app built in Power Apps. It has already a timer with the attached settings: 

Sussan_1-1661781742571.png

Sussan_0-1661781599178.png

How do i make sure it refreshed data without the need to refresh pages? 

Thanks,

Su

7 REPLIES 7
Gochix
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Sussan ,

How does it gets a new data to update the graph?

You could use on OnTimerEnd function to get a new data and the reset timer..

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please give a thumbs up if I resolved your issue! Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic!

Hi @GO , thanks for replying. 

OnTimerEnd, I have added: Refresh('SHAREPOINT LIST NAME')

Thanks,

Su

Then it should catch a fresh data.

You could try to instead collect a new collection and then OnTimerEnd ClearCollect(graphcol,'SHAREPOINT LIST NAME')

Not sure if there will be a difference as re-collecting in app data should be working in the same way as refreshing a sp collection..

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please give a thumbs up if I resolved your issue! Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic!

When I do the above suggested, 

It deletes all other data and only keeps the last entry. So for example, I only see Milan's data as the last entry was in Milan.

Also, it still does not refresh if i don't refresh the web page of "play" function in power apps. 

Best,

Su

Try to publish the app and use it outside the studio - see if there is any difference.

Also I would suggest to de-select the Auto Stop feature for your Timer.

And the last tip would be try to set the duration for the timer to be longer than 1-2 minutes apart.

Sometimes refreshing the datasource too often can cause issues.

Can you check that the refresh is not a caching issue by opening the app in a different browser. 

Sussan
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks for your help! @Gochix @phipps0218 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,028)