cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Group in gallery

Hi Guys,

I'm new on PowerApps and i already learn a lot. This App is wonderful, but i need your help right now. Thanks in advance.

As you can see on my Sharepoint List (please see attachements), i have 3 lines. 2 of them has the Statut = Nouveau.

I would like to know how i can regroup them in a gallery in PowerApps. Cause for now, when i create a gallery, my gallery create a line for every "Nouveau" i have in my SharepointList. (see attachment) 

I only want two lines in my gallery : "Nouveau"and "En cours"

Thanks for your help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @Dyxt,

It looks like Statu is a Choice type column in Sharepoint.  You can save yourself a lot of aggravation by either converting Choice columns to Single line of text or Numbers from within Sharepoint.  I have never lost data by doing this but the other way is to create a new calculated column and put the Choice column in as the calculation.  You can then use the new calculated column in Powerapps. Choice and Lookup columns are embedded tables and INHO are meant for use in SharePoint and are not designed for Powerapps.  Thats the reason for the complicated work arounds.  The screen capture on the left is from the Sharepoint Online with the list settings and  create columns clicked and the calculated type chosen. In this case, the Categories column is a Choice type.  Note the single line of text option below the type of information  section. Unfortunately, this will not work for Lookup type columns.  A different approach is necessary for unpacking them.  I hope this helps.  Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi ,

Thank you so much for your help. I succeed now.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

If you want to be able to click on either "Nouveau" or "En cours" to see all items with that current "Statut" you will have to use a Gallery and some sort of Control to select that value.

Here's a basic setup using a Collection of three items with a Status column.

image.png

Between the first Gallery and the Dropdown is the Distinct() method I use to get all values in the column status.

Distinct(items, status).Result

Then to filter the Second Gallery I use a Filter

//For the dropdown
Filter(items, status = Dropdown.Selected).Result
//For the gallery
Filter(items, status = firstGallery.Selected).Result)

I believe this is a basic example of what you want to achieve.

Highlighted

Hi @Dyxt This might get you started: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Video-Gallery/Creating-a-PowerApps-Leaderboard-GroupBy.... It's created a leader board using grouping and summing of rows with a SharePoint list as the source. The key is going to be to point to your SharePoint list but replace the Items property in the gallery with your proper GroupBy code. Then you can group with whatever date you wish. Hope that gets you started down the right path. 

Highlighted

I tried what this guy do in the video but unfortunately my f(x) does not find my column in my share point list.

He find my list : Tickets , but when i type Statut it does not working.

Why does my powerapps not find my column "Statu"or any other column ?

See attachment

Highlighted

Sharepoint in my case has changed the name it presents back to PowerApps. you may have to try a few to see if it's masking it as a different column. For example, my column Nominated, is Nominated_x593 and another column turned from Category to L2823J for some ungodly reason. Another potential cause could be some columns in SharePoint like People Pickers are nested columns where you have to go under the column name like Person.Department to find the actual data.

Try to refresh your data source also just in case. 

Highlighted

I really tried everything. If i wrtite GroupBy(Tickets       that one is ok, he find my list but if i add GroupBy(Tickets, Statut         it does not work and it does not find my column. 

I already tried to refresh, to start with any letters i dont have any suggestion..

Highlighted

I'm not too certain then. I wonder if Status (french: Statut) is a reserved word and may be giving you the problem. Out of curiousity, if you create a new column with the status data in sharepoint with a slightly different name like StatusMessage, does it work?

Highlighted

Yes i already tried with many column : Description , Cree_par, ... I dont ahve any siggestion once i type GroupBy(Tickets, 

What can i do ? 

Have any idea whats wrong

Highlighted

Try the following on a Label Text property or anywhere else to see if you get any intellisense options:

Tickets.

If you dont get anything from that Tickets might not be the name of your connection but something else you have set in your application.

If you get intellisense options from that then try your group by connection with quotation marks around the column title.

GroupBy(Tickets, "Statut", "NameYouWantToGiveYourGroup")
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Please see attachments.

I really don't understand.

Since this morning , i focus on that

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,609)