cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Group in gallery

Hi Guys,

I'm new on PowerApps and i already learn a lot. This App is wonderful, but i need your help right now. Thanks in advance.

As you can see on my Sharepoint List (please see attachements), i have 3 lines. 2 of them has the Statut = Nouveau.

I would like to know how i can regroup them in a gallery in PowerApps. Cause for now, when i create a gallery, my gallery create a line for every "Nouveau" i have in my SharepointList. (see attachment) 

I only want two lines in my gallery : "Nouveau"and "En cours"

Thanks for your help

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I really don't know what is the reason but some of my columns appears now.

But "Statut"does not appear, maybe because it is a dropdown ?

Highlighted

As far as I can tell setting Items in a gallery to 

GroupBy(Tickets, "Statut", "Group")

And adding a label in the gallery should give a gallery with the options. 

What type of field is Statut in Sharepoint? I dont think it should matter but I know I've had issues with LookUp/Choice fields before

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

adding in @KeremY to review and assist

@Anonymous

Highlighted

Yes, this is a known issue that GroupBy does not work with choice or lookup columns. Don't hesitate to add this requirements to our ideas forum for future enhancements.

Adding both @KeremY and @GregLi in case there is a workaround.

Thank you,

Audrie

Highlighted

Hi @Dyxt,

It looks like Statu is a Choice type column in Sharepoint.  You can save yourself a lot of aggravation by either converting Choice columns to Single line of text or Numbers from within Sharepoint.  I have never lost data by doing this but the other way is to create a new calculated column and put the Choice column in as the calculation.  You can then use the new calculated column in Powerapps. Choice and Lookup columns are embedded tables and INHO are meant for use in SharePoint and are not designed for Powerapps.  Thats the reason for the complicated work arounds.  The screen capture on the left is from the Sharepoint Online with the list settings and  create columns clicked and the calculated type chosen. In this case, the Categories column is a Choice type.  Note the single line of text option below the type of information  section. Unfortunately, this will not work for Lookup type columns.  A different approach is necessary for unpacking them.  I hope this helps.  Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi ,

Thank you so much for your help. I succeed now.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,147)