cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Groupby multiple sharepoint list column; latest check in time per person, date,office

Hi, 

Im just starting with powerapps and powerautomate but struggle with filters and codes

Maybe i started the wrong way but i have a button in powerapps that inserts a username, IN\OUT, date, time and officename into a sharepoint list. 

In order to find out who is in de building at that time i want to present a list in Powerapps.

Because they can check in and out several times a day i only want to filter the persons with there latest check IN

(step 2: and no check OUT after check in time)

For now i have a filter that works, but only for one person who checked in as latest.

Filter('Precense list',Time=First(Sort(Distinct('Precense list',Time),Result,Descending)).Result)

I want this filter to show ALL persons that checked in with there latest check in time.

(step 2: and no check OUT after check in time) 

Hope someone can help me to achieve this

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Hi @v-bofeng-msft ,

You are amazing!, im so glad with your quick response.

But the reason i want to make collections is because i want the result of the  latest Check IN time and latest Check OUT time for that user, office, date. so i can calculate if they are in the building or left the building, at that moment.

Maybe I am thking the wrong way but this way it worked for me in Excel. 

The result in Excel after combining these 2 is this:

result excel.PNG

Yvon 

Highlighted

Hi @Yvonzim :

I get it.

Now you can get the two tables of Check-In and Check-Out through the formula I gave you. The only thing you have to do is to connect the two tables in a Join way.

But powerapps does not have a function like join in the database. As an alternative, you can use AddColumns.

I think this link will help you a lot:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/powerapps-Joining-tables-with-multiple-recor...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Syntax-for-joining-tables/td-p/61387

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@v-bofeng-msft,

Thank you so much, one day i will be able to help others 🙂

Yvon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,248)