cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayes3d1
Frequent Visitor

Grouping/Containers issues this past weekend

Something recently is happening to me regarding Groups/Containers: When I open an app, all "children" of a container have the incorrect bounding box size and location. The control is the correct size and in the correct location, even the properties of it are correct. But if I select the bounding box itself and start to move/resize it, the control will jump to that location. This has happened to 3 apps now that I have opened, even a new one I just created. If I rename the control, the bounding box will jump back to the correct size and location around the actual control.

Bad Bounding BoxBad Bounding Box

Resize Bounding Box - Control jumped to location and resized.Resize Bounding Box - Control jumped to location and resized.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Hayes3d1 ,

It seems like this bug has been fixed in the latest version of powerapps:

Please check that.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hayes3d1 ,

Do you mean that:
the position of controls in the container will be wrong in some situation?
Actually, this is a known bug that I've reported to our product team.

Here are some similar issues for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Did-powerapps-update-break-container-control...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Rectangle-in-containers-strange-behavior/td-...

For now, I suggest using group controls (select controls and press ctrl+g to create a group) or Components instead, since they can solve most of the same problems. Copy-pasting the Container and deleting the original can also work in a pinch.

The latest news that I received:

We do recognize this is an issue and have fixed it in the latest version of PowerApps. That version will be available on Preview environments sometime this week, and on all other environments in the weeks to come.

So this problem should will be solved soon.

If I receive any reply about this ,I will leave my message here.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Phoebe,

I actually reached out to the product team as well and they verified the bug for me.

Converting my apps to group controls is not really an option  as I set all of the height and widths relative to the container. I use them a lot for designing my apps. With this functionality broken, I cannot edit my apps easily. No matter what I do, if I "fix" them by renaming the control (it resolved the bounding box issues and better than copy-pasting), the next time I open the app it is back the way it was. I know that technically this is still in preview for the container control, but I have been using it for over 9 months and probably closer to a year. A bit disconcerting to say the least.

Thanks for the update though!

Hi @Hayes3d1 ,

It seems like this bug has been fixed in the latest version of powerapps:

Please check that.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Issue still exists.   v3.20091.26.162484263/

In the sandbox environment that I created, I have version 3.20092.27 and the issue is resolved.

It is now fixed.  I guess it just took longer for my environment to update.

lui_0-1601218004036.png

It seems like the version 3.20092.39 solves the issue. However, after I save and publish the new version, It rollsback to the previous version when i reopen the PowerApps in studio.

I tried, signing out and closing the browser but still doesn't work. Do you know what else I can do to apply this new recommended version permanently? 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (59,994)