cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matheusscampos
Helper II
Helper II

Grouping two columns in powerapps

Hi, I saw some forums but I didn't find anything like that. I need to do two groupings on my PowerApps. The "collaborator" grouping is working but the "Formul_x00e1_riosRH" grouping only groups one of the items and there are more related items in the records. Attach some screenshotsIssue1.JPGIssue2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @matheusscampos ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Would you like to group the name collection by collaborator and Formul_x00e1_riosRH columns?

If so, I made a simple demo help understand GroupBy function:

v-jefferni_0-1612833790549.png

In the demo you could see that the left gallery just merged duplicate records by that two columns, and other columns will be nested tables in the column Group which created in GroupBy function.

Please refer to below document to know more about GroupBy function:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-groupby#description

The GroupBy function returns a table with records grouped together based on the values in one or more columns. Records in the same group are placed into a single record, with a column added that holds a nested table of the remaining columns.

Assuming that you would like to group the collection by Formul_x00e1_riosRH column then by collaborator, you could use another GroupBy function out of your original GroupBy, as follows:

116.png

On your end:

1\ Modify the Items formula to:

GroupBy(GroupBy(Nome; "collaborator"; "Formul_x00e1_riosRH"; ColItems);"collaborator";"ColGroup")

2\ Add a sub-gallery in the gallery, set its Items to:

ThisItem.ColGroup

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @matheusscampos ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Would you like to group the name collection by collaborator and Formul_x00e1_riosRH columns?

If so, I made a simple demo help understand GroupBy function:

v-jefferni_0-1612833790549.png

In the demo you could see that the left gallery just merged duplicate records by that two columns, and other columns will be nested tables in the column Group which created in GroupBy function.

Please refer to below document to know more about GroupBy function:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-groupby#description

The GroupBy function returns a table with records grouped together based on the values in one or more columns. Records in the same group are placed into a single record, with a column added that holds a nested table of the remaining columns.

Assuming that you would like to group the collection by Formul_x00e1_riosRH column then by collaborator, you could use another GroupBy function out of your original GroupBy, as follows:

116.png

On your end:

1\ Modify the Items formula to:

GroupBy(GroupBy(Nome; "collaborator"; "Formul_x00e1_riosRH"; ColItems);"collaborator";"ColGroup")

2\ Add a sub-gallery in the gallery, set its Items to:

ThisItem.ColGroup

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

This was exactly what I needed. However, I have two questions: The column "Formul_x00e1_riosRH" in Sharepoint is a pre-defined drop-down list and this only worked for me by turning it into a text field on a line. Another question is: I wanted to display the column content on another screen when the user clicks the> button as in the figure. If possible, also display attachments. Thanks in advance!issue3.JPG

Hi @matheusscampos ,

Would you like to group the SP list items by a choices column?

If so, you could leverage the AddColumns function to add Choices column values into a new column then groupby.

On your end:

GroupBy(AddColumns(GroupBy(AddColumns(Filter(Nome;StartsWith(collaborator;txtColab_1.Text)); "FormulariosRH";Formul_x00e1_riosRH.Value);"Nome_CPF";"FormulariosRH"; ColItems);"collaborator";collaborator);"collaborator";"ColGroup")

Since the collaborator values of the grouped table are all the same, using the AddColumns function to add a column with its value to the table grouped, then in the next groupby, this column would be another column to be grouped, column value would be retained in the top level so you could find it the next step.

On the > button, create a variable to store the selected item:

Set(varSelected,{FormulariosRH2:ThisItem.FormulariosRH,collaborator2:ThisItem.collaborator})

Then in the Form, set DataSource to the list name, then set Item to:

LookUp(Nome,collaborator = varSelected.collaborator2 && Formul_x00e1_riosRH.Value = varSelected.FormulariosRH2)

Now you could add Attachments field into the Form as well, just like in simple Edit Form.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

@v-jefferni 
Hello, thanks for your help. I am now getting this error in the form "invalid argument type"

issue3.JPG

Hi @matheusscampos ,

Could you please check and share with me the result of varSelected variable after selecting the Gallery?

Best regards,

Sorry, I didn't quite understand the question but I'm sending a Screenshotissue4.JPG

Hi @matheusscampos ,

Firstly, you could check all variables' current results in Power Apps studio -> command bar -> View variables:

132.png

Secondly, which column type is the collaborator column, Text or Person?

If it is a person type column, you will need to modify above formulas, since Person column value is a table:

GroupBy(AddColumns(GroupBy(AddColumns(Filter(Nome;StartsWith(collaborator.DisplayName;txtColab_1.Text)); "FormulariosRH";Formul_x00e1_riosRH.Value);"Nome_CPF";"FormulariosRH"; ColItems);"collaborator";collaborator.DisplayName);"collaborator";"ColGroup")
Set(varSelected,{FormulariosRH2:ThisItem.FormulariosRH,collaborator2:ThisItem.collaborator})
LookUp(Nome,collaborator.DisplayName = varSelected.collaborator2 && Formul_x00e1_riosRH.Value = varSelected.FormulariosRH2)

I am using collaborator.DisplayName to groupby and lookup, you could use collaborator.Email instead as well.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hi @v-jefferni ,

The column type is text.

I don't know if I have to do it any other way, I would suggest that it show all documents linked to that user in the category of each document in "document type"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,823)