cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericonline
Community Champion
Community Champion

Grrrr...Resume Session?

Nearing the end of a full day of apping; full mental model of app in place; flow-state... just nailing everything. Making big changes to an app; super complex stuff...

BANG! "Resume session?"

?? Get back into things... only a couple of mins of work lost...

Another 30 mins then BANG! "Resume session?"

?? Ya kidding me, right... Why is this happening right now.

Click "Resume session" and I'm taken back to the start screen of my app after some "spinny time". No "Last saved" timestamp... 

This action is reallllly disruptive to keeping in context.

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Yep @ericonline ,

At least the auto save will give you most of what you have done. The problem is wondering what it has not saved . . .

ericonline
Community Champion
Community Champion

Nice... so I just happened to have CTRL-X (cut) a large portion of code that I was about to move to another control...

That evaporated during the disruption... cool

Whew!... CTRL+V into VS Code... still on my clipboard.

Also I have 92 versions of one app (I cull them periodically) as I save after every process I get working before moving on for this very reason.

Hi @ericonline,

If the issue persists, it would be better to clear the Browser cache and continue to edit it if the session ended up unexpectedly or too early.

And here is PowerApps Idea link which is related to Session expiration issue.

Please vote it: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Session-Expired-fix/idi-p/252386

Hope this helps.

Hi @ericonline 

I get your frustration. To avoid this sort of data loss, I've got into the habit of very regularly saving my work.

I find this quite easy to do, after I discovered that I can quickly do this with the CTRL+S shortcut. Hopefully, this might be of some help to others who don't know about the shortcut.

ericonline
Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh i'm well versed 🙂

One of my 2018 posts on this very topic...
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/BUG-quot-Resume-session-or-Start-New-quot-re...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,000)